Phone: 204-999-4171 firstname.lastname@example.org
Kinex Occupational Therapy is dedicated to protecting your personal health information. We are committed to using, collecting, and/or disclosing personal information responsibly and only to the extent necessary.
Collecting and Using Personal Information
Kinex Occupational Therapy may be required to collect, use and disclose personal health information, to provide quality occupational therapy services. Our primary purposes for collecting personal information are to:
- Obtain collateral medical information
- Bill third party payers or collect unpaid accounts
- Contact clients of Kinex Occupational Therapy
Protecting Personal Information
At Kinex Occupational Therapy, we have taken the following steps to protect your personal health information:
- Paper and electronic information is under supervision or locked
- Paper information is transmitted through sealed envelopes or packages
- Electronic information is anonymous
- Staff are trained in the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, Personal Informational Protection and Electronic Documents Act and the Personal Health Information Act
Records are owned by Kinex Occupational Therapy. Records will be stored and disposed of in a manner that is confidential and compliant with legal requirements.
Prior to initiation of services, Kinex Occupational Therapy will obtain written consent from the client, parent, or legal guardian to collect, use and/or disclose personal health information responsibly and only to the extent necessary.